- WHAT ARE THE NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS OF ABORTION?
Common Negative Side Effects of Abortion
- Guilt/ Regret, Nightmares /Flashbacks
- Intense Grief
- Low Self-Esteem
- Sadness/Sorrow, Anger/Rage
- Feeling of Loss/ Bitterness
- Self-Destructive Behavior, Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Suicidal Impulses
- Feelings of Rejection
- Difficulty with Relationships
- Unable to forgive yourself and or others
- Depression/ Bouts of Crying
- WHAT IS A RACHEL’S VINEYARD RETREAT?
A Rachel’s Vineyard Retreat is a chance to get away from all the daily pressures of work and family and focus on this painful time in your life through a supportive and non-judgmental process.
- HOW MUCH DOES THE WEEKEND COST?Our retreats are provided free of charge. We have donors who cover the cost of each retreat. We believe at New Heart of Texas that healing should be free.
- HOW LONG ARE THE RETREATS?We have retreats that start on Thursday evening and end on Saturday afternoon. We also have retreats that start on Friday evening and end on Sunday afternoon.
- WHERE ARE THE RETREATS HELD?We hold the retreats in a beautiful and secluded 10 acre Christian retreat center where the rooms and all the meals are included. We keep the location confidential to protect your privacy.
- HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE THERE?We typically have 9-11 participants and 7-8 team members that consist of a facilitator, pastor, professional counselor and other caring individuals who have experienced healing through Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ON THE RETREAT?Please bring a set of twin sheets, your own towels and toiletries. We provide food, drinks and snacks throughout the retreat. Just let us know if you have any special dietary needs.
- HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THE RETREAT?Please call 254-383-1717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we discuss the retreat experience with you and send the necessary forms.
- WHERE DO WE GET THE INFORMATION AND DIRECTIONS FOR THE RETREAT?Ten days before the retreat we will mail you the information about your upcoming retreat and the confidential directions to the retreat center.
- WHEN DO SYMPTOMS OF ABORTION APPEAR?
Proximity of Symptoms
Some women experience these negative effects immediately. For others, the symptoms occur years after the abortion. Sometimes women do not experience this for 10, 20, or 30 years because they are unable to deal with the deep or suppressed emotions resulting from the abortion.
- ARE MEN AFFECTED BY ABORTIONS TOO?
Silent Sufferers of Abortion
Although it is natural to focus on the mother, the man who fathered the child is often overlooked. His involvement may have been direct (insisting on the abortion) or passive (allowing it to happen), or he may have been excluded from the abortion decision altogether. Many times, the natural process of grieving has been suppressed for the man whose child has been aborted. Unable to accept his part of the loss, he cannot begin to experience healing and forgiveness.
We would encourage you to call us if you have experienced any of the following symptoms after the loss of a child to abortion:
- Unresolved feelings of grief, guilt, sadness, anger or unchecked rage
- Difficulty making/keeping commitments, discomfort around babies or small children, sexual addiction, extramarital affairs
- Multiple job changes, alcohol or substance abuse, disengagement from church or social involvement.
- Sense of separation from God, loss of interest/avoidance of religious services, diminished contact with church friends
- HOW CAN I HELP?